Hammond SKX PRO Organ
See and hear it at this link: https://hammondorganco.com/skxpro
* Call for special price!
AUTHENTIC HAMMOND ORGAN derived from our TOP-OF-THE-LINE XK-5.
3 INDEPENDENT SETS OF DRAWBARS: UPPER/LOWER/PEDAL
EXPANDED TRANSISTOR and PIPE ORGAN voices (including Classical and Theatre Organ ranks)
PIANO SECTION with a wide variety of keyboard instruments,
including new high-resolution Grand and Electric Piano sounds,
ENSEMBLE SECTION with essential Brass, Reed, String, Choir and Percussion instruments.
ANALOG-MODELLED MONO SYNTH SECTION.
PITCH BEND and MODULATION WHEELS.
SEAMLESS SWITCHING of tones while playing.
PATCHES, COMBINATIONS and CENTRALLY LOCATED FAVORITE/ALLOCATE
buttons for quick and easy access to performance needs.
DIRECT POWER CONNECTION (no “wall-wart” Power-adapter).
MULTIPLE, ASSIGNABLE, OUTPUTS, with discrete Organ and Bass outputs.
1/8" STEREO INPUT JACK for External Audio Sources
11-PIN LESLIE JACK.
ON-BOARD BULK STORAGE for all programming.
USB TYPE "A" and "B" PORTS for USB MIDI and MASS STORAGE functions.
LARGE COLOR DISPLAY giving essential instrument information instantly.
The SkxPRO is equipped with FOUR Sound Engines
available separately or in any combination.
Sound Engine #1: GENUINE HAMMOND ORGAN with DIGITAL LESLIE™
● The SkxPRO incorporates the state-of-the-art “Modelled Tone Wheel 1” (MTW1) sound engine pioneered by our flagship Hammond XK-5 Organ, recognized everywhere as the standard in digital "tone wheel" sound.
● The Virtual Multi-Contact system replicates the keyboard performance of a vintage Hammond Organ, allowing the distinctive Hammond “feel” in every detail. For even greater versatility, our optional Hammond MIDI Pedalboards such as XPK-130G, XPK-200G or XPK-200GL can be added for traditional organ play.
● An on-board new-generation Digital Leslie™ brings deeper authenticity, including the airflow of Leslie rotors, faithfully reproducing the Leslie ’s unique tone and three-dimensional effect.
● A tube modeling system provides the essential Hammond “tube-warmth".
● A special system emulating the Matching Transformer of a vintage Hammond Organ adds striking authenticity to the Hammond Drawbar tones.
● In addition to the great Hammond Drawbar sounds, the SkxPRO also models Italian ("Farf"), British ("Vx"), and Japanese ("Ace") transistorized Combo Organs.
● The Church/Classical organist can also call upon 32 ranks of Classical Pipe Organ Voices, (including a 32’ Pedal stop). For the first time in any modern keyboard, a range of Theatre Pipe Organ (“Mighty Wurlitzer”) ranks are now included.
Sound Engines #2 & #3 : PIANO/ENSEMBLE
● All Piano/Ensemble voices are at a HIGHER RESOLUTION than the classic Sk Series.
● All Piano/Ensemble voices can be FULLY EDITED. Sample choice, EG, Filter, LFO and other parameters are now in your control and can be saved as a Patch.
● The SkxPRO contains high-quality samples of the world's leading Grand Piano sounds, including a brand-new sample of a legendary European Concert Grand Piano.
● High-definition digital voices (upgraded in resolution from previous Sk models) provide a wide variety of tonal possibilities, many of them new to the Sk-series.
● 12 Category Buttons allow easy and instant tone/patch selection.
● Hammond's exclusive Pro Chord feature permits the player to reproduce complex harmonies by playing a single-note melody based on chords played on lower manual. (Pro Chord feature also available on Drawbar Voices)
Sound Engine #4: MONO SYNTH
The SkxPRO incorporates a physically-modeled Synthesizer faithfully providing the sounds and playing experience of classic analog synthesizers. All traditional synth controls are on the top panel, allowing the creation and editing of sounds in real-time just as on a classic analog synth.
Performance-Oriented Patch Selection
Like the SkPRO, the SkxPRO features our new system of Combinations, combining up to 4 Patches, and 3 External MIDI Instrumetns along with desired performance parameters. Combinations “set the scene” for each performance and may be changed in an instant.
The 4 ALLOCATION buttons located in the center of the keyboard, call up any part of a Combination in real-time, giving the equivalent of FOUR discrete keyboards.
200 Combinations are available (100 Factory and 100 User). The Setup of the entire SkxPRO may be saved or recalled in seconds through onboard data storage, or optional USB "thumb" drive.
The basic voice unit of the SkxPRO is a “Patch”, storing the source sound or
sounds and all programming for each sound. There are Factory and User Patches available
- 100 of each for the ORGAN and MONO SYNTH Sections and 300 Factory / 400 User
for the PIANO and ENSEMBLE Sections.
Any ten Combinations may be assigned to the FAVORITES buttons (as on previous Sk instruments) for instant access. The selection of Favorites has been expanded to include Ten (10) Banks with 10 Favorites each: for a total of 100 Favorites providing quick and easy selection
More SkxPRO features
Each of the 4 Voice Sections can receive Overdrive and 2 types of comprehensive DSP
Multi-Effects. All the DSP Effects listed below can be saved as part of a Patch:
Overdrive: Tube, Solid, Clip, EP Amp. Multi-effect 1: Tremolo, Wah-Wah, Ring Modulator, Compressor Multi-effect 2: Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Delay, Auto Pan
The SkxPRO incorporates Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels, giving the player the ability to add full expressiveness to the music. Each Voice Section has an individual Volume Control allowing the different Sections to be “mixed” in real time.
The panel of the SkxPRO is an eye-catching “British Racing Green” color that will blend in any environment. For those desiring a more traditional organ style, a set of easily self-installed walnut side panels is available as an option.
(Model number: SBW-SKXPRO)
Many players use the lower manual for their bass parts. The SkxPRO allows you to “couple” the Pedal part up to the lower manual. In addition to the Drawbar Pedal voices, each of the 3 other sections may be played as “pedal” voices. You can also assign the LOWER voices to the Pedal part.
"Half Moon" Leslie Speed Switch
The iconic “Half Moon” Leslie speed switch is available in two colors to match the side panels of the SkxPRO. CU-1 (brown) and CU-1BK (black)
The SKX PRO includes LINE OUT left & right jacks as well as a HEADPHONE jack and an AUX IN jack with its own volume control for connecting an external sound source such as a music player. In addition, individual outputs allow the assignment of the PIANO, ENSEMBLE or MONO SYNTH Sections to two separate audio outputs. ROTARY OUT and ORGAN PEDAL (BASS) OUT jacks are provided.